Saturday, November 14, 2009

about me :)

Hey everyone!!

My name is Chelsea Diggs. I'm a sophmore at Chelmsford High School and i absolutely love it. I'm in all honors classes except for my latin II class. I love to learn and school is a great opportunity to hang out with my friends, especially with my busy schedule. Gymnastics is my favorite sport and its the only sport i do this year, but I'm a level 9 so its pretty time consuming. Last year I was on the Chelmsford diving team, which was an awesome experience, however this year i decided not to do it so I would have more time for other things.. which brings me to St. John's.

So when I first started coming to St. John's I was beginning eigth grade and i still didn't have my First Communion :O! I had begged my mom to help me get it and get me signed up in classes and finally after years of dealing with my whines and complaints she met Kate :) This happened to be the best thing EVER because Kate was able to help me get private lessons so I could get caught up and finally make my First Communion. YAY!! so ever since Kate opened my eyes to what church was about and why we Catholics do what we do I have become extremely interested in my faith. I've progressively become more active in our church. Last year i went on the required 9th grade retreats, I did a couple service events (Breakfast with Santa, Christmas in the City, etc.), and I went on the summer mission trip to South Carolina. This year I've become even more active and am in peer ministry, I plan to do as many service events as i can and go on hopefully both the April and the Summer mission trips. Faith is such an important part of my life now and I'm so thankful that I met Kate and was introduced to the amazing worl of Catholics.

Faith is one of the important reasons why I'm going on this trip. When Kate asked me if i wanted to go on this trip i said sure, not knowing exactly what it was I was getting myself into, but as I've gone along and learned more and more about what we're gunna do starting this WEdnesday, I've become exponentially more excited. I'm a little anxious to see what's going to happen and see how everythings gunna work.. I mean that many people in one city is going to be crazy! but that's just one of God's amazing miracles.. The ability to get that many kids involved in their faith and help them want to take time off to go to a huge conference.

I can't wait to see what all we're gunna learn on our journey but I know we'll be praying for all of you and I hope you'll wish us all good luck as we learn more so we can share the knwoledge with you guys when we come back!

Thanks!!!! and i hope you continue to read our posts as we go through our week :)

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. You're really a special young lady! I will be praying for you, Joe, Rangeley, Connor, and Kevin!
    Have a great time! Mrs. Murphy

    ReplyDelete