Saturday, November 21, 2009

fantastic friday

okay, for those of you following, sorry about last nights post. We lost Internet connection halfway through my typing and the entire post was lost. And by the time we realized it was way to late to rewrite it all. so for that, i'm sorry

I'm having a great time here in Kansas city. the sheer scope of this event surprises and amazes me over and over again. as you've read or will read in the other guy's posts we had a busy, busy day. Opening ceremony in the sprint center, procession, workshops, xlt, popple, and Matt Maher. whew, that's a choc full day of deliciousness!

Although I enjoyed everything today, the thing that really hit me the most was the procession form morning ceremony in the Sprint Center to the Convention center. Being a part of the crowd as we took the streets behind the monstrance. Bam! it hit me. just like our faith is one. The father son and holy spirit. Us youth are one. One voice to show the world that Christ is present working in all of us. Trust me, the goosebumps I kept getting while I walked weren't because I was cold. It was as if I could feel the energy of the crowd running through me.

Another part of the day that moved me was hearing a talk given by the Everett's. Jason, and Crystalina Everett are two great speakers who spread the word about cherishing chastity and pure love. I've heard Jason talk before in middle school and in our confirmation program tonight was a great refresher for me. The message that stuck with me is that I should treat every girl how I would want any guy to treat my future bride. I'll admit it I pray for my future wife, wherever she is every so often. Its kind of a mind blowing concept thinking about what your future spouse may be doing right now. Where she might be. Who she might know. Pretty cool. Mostly tonight gave me a chance to mentally re-state where I stand on love. I believe in pure love. And my prayer tonight is for the purity and chastity of those on this pilgrimage, and for my future spouse, who ever, where ever, that she is living her life in Christ.

Tomorrow will come soon, so I''m off to get some rest. Can't wait for sunrise. We are off bright and early tomorrow. whoo! praise Jesus!

Peace,
Rangeley

No comments:

Post a Comment