Thursday, November 19, 2009

Travel Day...

So today we rode on a train... inside an airport. Which was pretty much... awesome.

But anyway... The journey here was pretty good. We all got out of school and to the airport relatively on time. No major hitches besides the Lost Wallet Incident (see Connor's post). Well... there was Connor forcing feeding himself 2/3 of a Johnny Rocket's Bacon Double Rocket Burger while we scampered down the airport hallway after being told the plane was boarding... but the important thing is that he actually succeeded.

As for the travel itself, we were all spread out on the first flight, and on the second flight we were sitting right next to the jet engine... which was... somewhat less than quiet... But overall, pretty painless flights.

And now we're here in Kansas City. "The City of Fountains", according to a big sign by Baggage Claim. Apparently Kansas City is second only to Rome in number of fountains. And for now, I'd venture a guess and say the same is true for Catholics... Not that Catholics have lots of fountains, but that Kansas City has lots of Catholics. (The other way around would be silly.)

Which reminds me, NCYC starts tomorrow! Which is awesome (especially because it starts in the afternoon and we get to sleep in). I'm really psyched to start up with all the activities and re-fire my faith. I'm especially looking forward to the music and the large group things like the big Mass. That should be really powerful. I also just want to get out and experience the convention. I'm a little anxious about the schedule (including waking up early enough for breakfast in the coming days)... There's so much to do that it seems like it'd be easy to get overwhelmed and distracted. But I know it'll be awesome.

We'll have to see what the first day brings...

~ Kevin

PS-- I wrote most of this at 12:50am (central time), after a midnight "dinner" at Denny's... I apologize anything disjointed if was.

No comments:

Post a Comment