Thursday, November 19, 2009

Looongg day

Oh boy. It's been a VERY long day for me... School, then more packing, running to the store, picking up Joe, driving to the airport, stopping for ice cream, looking for Connor's wallet, checking in, going through security, drying my hands with the coolest hand dryer EVER (if you ever go to the Providence Airport make sure you go to the bathroom to see what I'm talking about!!), the first flight, stopping in Detroit (which, by the way, has an indoor train to get to and from the different terminals since the airport is so big. SO cool), getting on the second plane, falling asleep on the flight :), getting our luggage, waiting for a while in the airport for our bus to pick us up and drive us to the hotel, watching kids race around in wheelchairs, watching part of Mall Cop on the long drive to the hotel, finally getting to my hotel room (which all 3 of my roomies were already sleeping in), eating at Denny's at midnight, showing many signs of being WAAYY too tired (including laughing at absolutely nothing) and finally posting this :). Soooo I'm pretty excited to go to bed.. :)

But before that can happen I'm gunna mention things that I'm excited about and that I'm looking most forward to doing tomorrow, and things that I'm nervous or anxious about.. since that was the whole point of this post.

So The Things I'm excited for:
1. Meeting new people from different states and churches
2. Going to the workshops and learning about different things which i can then share with all of you.
3. Seeing how everything is going to work around here and how they organize 23,000 kids..

The Things I'm nervous/anxious about:
1. Meeting new people... although I am very excited to make new friends, meeting people is always makes me nervous for some reason.. so i hope that goes well :)
2. Trying to get everything done in the little time that we have... so far our days are planned out to be pretty packed with stuff to do
3. Trying not to get lost... unlike Connor, Joe, Rangeley, and Kevin, I'm a bit on the shorter side :) (okay maybe a lot on the shorter side) which means big crowds aren't really that friendly.. but I'm sure everything will work out fine and Kate takes good care of me so I should be all set :)
4. Trying to sneak into my room after i post this without waking anyone up... and then proceeding to get in one of the beds that someones already sleeping in... hahah. i hope that i don't freak her out in the morning when she wakes up :/. haha wish me luck!!

GOODNIGHT!!!

I'll be praying for you all. and thanks for reading my post :)

P.S. i hope everyone gets the chance to see all of the pictures we're taking once we get back. they're pretty awesome

3 comments:

  1. where are the pictures? i can't find them!
    -meghan ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are the pictures? i can't find them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are the pictures? i can't find them!
    -meghan ryan

    ReplyDelete