Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saturday (last day of conference)

the last day of NCYC was bitter sweet. It was full with a great morning program and a great mass to close the weekend. The event that I would like to talk about is mass. When we go to weekly mass st our own parishes we often forget that being catholic means more than belonging to a church. It means you belong to THE church. Basically seeing a mass with a crowd that filled an arena, enough Priests alone to fill ST Johns back home, and several Bishops accompanied by a Cardinal made me realize something. That the church is big, in fact its massive. This got me thinking. What if everyone in this stadium brings back things from this conference and shares it with, lets say five, people back home. That's 125000 lives that could be changed! so the closing mass gave set me on a mission. As i was singing, feeling the vibrations caused by a sea of catholics praying with one voice, I knew. I need to take in all this energy so i can go home ready to share it with ones who weren't able to experience NCYC. I heard talks, met at a Bishop round table, made great bonds, and had my view of the Church totally changed. And I'm taking it all home with me. I thank god for giving me the opportunity to go on this trip and deeply thank Kate, Kevin, Chelsea, Joe, and Connor for, well, being Awesome. NCYC has been a blessing. And I hope that i can bless others with even just a little of the blessings god has bestowed on me. Thanks for reading, may gods peace be with you!
-Rangeley

No comments:

Post a Comment