Friday, November 20, 2009

striking

Once again, another long day here in Kansas City.. but totally worth it of course :)

Instead of telling you a general overview of the whole day I'm gunna stick to one specific event and talk about that.. :)

So for our second (out of three) workshops/concurrents all 6 of us (kate included) went to XLT which was a lot like lift but with a much shorter adoration period. It was an event of firsts for me because I've never been to lift so I didn't really know what to expect and also it was my first time hearing Matt Maher and his band. It was truely an amazing experience listening to him and finally getting to hear the guy who I've heard a lot about from the others. This was the most moving part of the day for me and was one place where I saw God present. Using Matt as his utencil, God relayed a powerful message and really made the experience hit home. I can't remember exactly what Matt talked about but I will never forget the feeling I felt.. I can't describe it exactly but I can tell you it was amazing. At one point I almost started crying I was so touched (yes yes, I'm the typical girl who crys a lot :) ) But it was an amazing experience that I wish you all could have experienced with me.

If anything I learned that when you're open to God and the Holy Spirit amazing things can happen. So i encourage you all to stay open and learn as much as you can about your faith and relationship with God.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to blog later about the other AWESOME things that happened today, but I'm gunna let the boys make their posts now :)

I'll be praying for you!!
Goodnight, Over and out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment